Many enterprises invest a huge amount of money into network. And they should! However, when it comes to your routing and firewall appliances, there are cheaper, and more efficient options available.
One of those options is pfSense. pfSense is a free and open source router and firewall software that you can install on almost any Intel machine. Here are a few of the features:
- Basic Routing (IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, UPnP, etc.)
- Advanced Routing (Supernetting and Subnetting, VLANs)
- Authentication (RADIUS, LDAP)
- Guest Networking (Captive Portal, Bandwidth Control)
- Additional Functionality via Plug-ins (Proxy, Reverse Proxy, URL Filtering, Content Filtering, and many many more!)
Download pfSense Routing and Firewall software at pfsense.org